Monday 27 March 2017

Teaching and Learning with Technology

My experiences throughout this course as well as with genius hour have not only helped me to discover baking as a new passion, but have also helped me to gain confidence as an educator that I will be able to effectively implement technology into my future classroom.

When I first started this course I did not feel as though I had all of the necessary skills in order to use technology effectively in a classroom setting. I knew about various tools but was unsure of how they could be used to foster learning. I now feel as though I have an invisible backpack full of resources that I am eager to use in my own classroom. I have gained experience using everything from different ways I can gamify my classroom to simple tools such as google forms.

I have also had such a positive experience with genius hour that I am looking forward to completing genius hour projects with my future students. Throughout the course I found myself reflecting on different ways I could adapt our genius hour project in my future classroom. I think that it has the potential to be an engaging and impactful project within the context of a french classroom.

I am more excited than ever to be a 21st century educator where we have the privilege of using technology to enhance our students learning and make their classroom experiences more meaningful.

No comments:

Post a Comment